Knox-Warren Special Education District is currently seeking a dedicated, compassionate and solution focused individual to fill a 1:1 Paraprofessional position at several of our districts including, Knoxville District 202, United District 304, Monmouth-Roseville 238 and Abingdon-Avon 276.
Description: Special Education Paraprofessional will assist certified professional staff with students in the classroom to meet instructional goals and objectives. The Special Education Paraprofessional will provide support services to students according to IEP requirements
- Assist students with special needs in all aspects of classroom instruction, including daily schedules and routines in order to maximize inclusion, learning, and achievement of IEP objectives.
- Assist and guide students to reinforce reading, language arts, mathematics, computer instruction and other daily life skills.
- Work with students individually and in small groups to reinforce basic learning and implement assigned programs.
- Assist professional staff in the administration and correction of classroom exercises, tests and assessments.
- Assist in classroom preparations and strategies for reinforcing instructional materials and skills according to individual student needs.
- Assist with classroom behavioral management to minimize disruptions, ensure a safe and orderly classroom and ensure students are on task.
- Assist students in non-instructional areas, such as supervising lunch programs, bus duty, playground duty, corridor, study hall and other related non-instructional areas.
- Create and maintain an environment that establishes respect and builds a rapport with students, staff and parents.
- Utilize technology to communicate proficiently, compile reports and collect data when necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of information per state and federal guidelines, including HIPPA.